ABUS Bordo 6000 Alarm Bike Lock meets Yamaha YPJ MT Pro

 It would seem that the usual lock mounting options don't apply to the MT Pro, but I did find a good combination!

Firstly Cable locks are super easy to cut, and chain locks are unwieldily (though I am not opposed so something like the HipLock).  I have been using an ABUS D-Lock for a while now, but the suggested mounting options just don't work out so well for either of my daily driver bikes.  

I decided to try one of the folding locks instead, and found there is actually a good place to mount it on the Yamaha.


After a bit of trial and error, I settles on here:


Now, obviously this isn't perfect, because it does mean that it will get the grime from the road - but it does mean you don't have to carry it in a backpack.  (Also, you should remove it before doing any jumps or anything like that!)

Note that I am using Velcro straps here, as the wire ties that come with it may well be hard on the paint.  I have had experiences with the ties that come with water bottles, etc. scratching the paint.  I will probably use some FixPlus+ straps to secure it, but I am waiting on my next order!

Comments

Popular Posts